Chargen for a 2 player game
- Both Guys get Hitter d10
- Hacker is now Tinkerer. It covers gadgets, alchemy and locks.
- Each player picks one more d10 role for himself
- Each player picks on d4 role for the other guy
- Each player then assigns a d6 and a d8 to the remaining roles
- No stats.
- Characters get 6 distinctions, at least 3 of which must be chosen now, others can be chosen in play.
- Swords are d6 assets, unless they have names, in which case they are d8s. A named sword does not always need to be the same sword. All that matters is the name.
- Pick 2 talents for your guy, one talent for the other guy.
Next, Get Into Trouble
Where you Are Now
- A caravan camp at an oasis
- At a crossroads far from civilization
- Atop an icy mountain peak
- Strapped to the altar of something best unnamed
- Wretched hive of scum and villainy (small)
- Wretched hive of scum and villainy (large)
- At sea, in a lifeboat
- Miles underground
- Falling from an unreasonable height
- Surrounded by fire on three sides
What Brought You to This
- The alternative was getting married
- Treasure turns out to have been fake
- The guild's assassin's are in pursuit
- Angry husbands are entirely unreasonable
- A terrible curse haunts you
- The gods demanded, wheedled and pushed
- Swore an oath while drunk
- Temple apparently objected to you doing that with their matriarch
- Still hungover, the rest is a blur
How It Is About To Get Worse
- Woke something that should stay slumbering
- Reasonably sure those men with curved swords have taken offense
- Wizard who, for no apparent reason, lives in that tower
- Gods are miffed
- Assassins have found you
- Currently naked
- These people aren't speaking any kind of recognizable language. And may not be people.
- You're bait
- Someone has just been scorned.
- Tremendous success attracts unwanted attention.
Ok, yes, this is kind of minimalistic, but I admit, I have a strong temptation to take it for a spin.